Lucky in love
I am very lucky to have Mike for a husband. Today, I truly thought I was in fine shape to be social this afternoon and evening, and not feeling too bad about everything. But Mike knows better. He decided we should stay home and watch movies tonight, and I should play in the garden until I was done. He planned and grilled the most wonderful dinner. And I know now he was right--I am really fragile right now, and staying home and quiet is just the right medicine. Plus, I made such gardening achievements! -- mowed the lawn and mulched in the huge bags of leaves. Where did they disappear to? Amazing how fast they pulverize. -- outlined two new beds as a side "gateway" to the veggie garden (where the roses will go when they get here) -- made more progress in moving the chipped tree mulch from the far corner of the garden over to fill in the trench left by the bamboo removal. Amazingly, after months and months, I'm about to run out of that tree mulch. It was only one large branch, but it has mulched 3 beds, the pathways around the veggie garden, and most of a 120-ft trench. I'd hate to see how much would be left if we cut down a whole tree!! Amazing. Oh, and I saw 3 worms in the veggie garden! 3! Where there were NONE a year ago! We had Mike's lovely shrimp dinner with stuffed tomatoes and salad plucked straight out of the garden. Now, grilled apples and yogurt, and 3 movies await... I'm a lucky, lucky girl.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home