Thursday, June 02, 2005

Apres le deluge

We had lots and lots of wonderful rain this weekend and again Tuesday night, so the garden is really responding. Out front, there's a big clump of crinum lilies bursting into bloom. The banana plant and purple-leafed canna out back are surging upward. And of course, the lawn is getting jungle-like already. We're out of town this weekend, so I won't get to make any mulch progress. I'm really hoping to get another inch or so on all the pathways and open areas before it gets entirely too hot for a pregnant lady to be out there slinging bags of mulch. I have such horrors of all my work last summer -- solarizing out the grass and weeds -- ending up for naught as the weeds take over again this summer while I'm too big to get out there and fight 'em. Ah, powerlessness is a gardener's lot in a Texas summer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home