Jeezy Chreezy
Okay, at the risk of sounding insensitive, everybody in Austin needs to calm the F-K down! I just went out to get gas, pick up a little bottled water, no big deal. Costco is totally out of gas. People at HEB were freaking out, buying like the world was about to end. There were lines at every register, carts full to the brim. Despite my signaling for an empty parking place, some old broad in a giant SUV cut in front of me and took it. When I walked up to the store, all but two of the carts were gone. Two people walked right in front of me and took the carts, ignoring the hugely pregnant lady right there (that would be me). At least two more people came up behind me, pushing empty carts from the lot, and when I innocently asked "oh, are you bringing that back?" they got all defensive, "Oh, no, I need this!" Yeah, you need that more than me, mister. Enjoy the karma. Screw it. I bought a couple liter bottles of water at CVS, and I'll fill up some empty tea pitchers with water and bag up some ice from our ice maker. But people, chill. Seriously. Preparedness is one thing. Freaking the hell out is another.
1 Comments:
And I'm driving in for the weekend, just to hang out. I planned it before the storm (I have a hotel room and everything, believe it or not), and I'm not going to cancel now. Whose the badass? Rob's the badass.
Post a Comment
<< Home