By the way--Garden Update
The solarization appears to be working. I have vast swathes of dying bermuda grass, only green around the edges, which I hit with horticultural vinegar when the mood strikes. I am going to remain stubborn and leave the plastic down until mid-Sept, at which point that stuff better be DAID. I have no patience for digging out 3000 square feet of bermuda grass. In other news, the tomato beds have been completely de-tomatoed, because I was sick of fighting the leaf-footed bugs just to get a few kinda crummy tomatoes. Now, the way is clear for the re-configuration of the veggie garden in the fall, assuming the solarization keeps on working. Oh, and I finally got the second galvanized trough filled with soil and the first few plants. I think the pair look really cool, in a Texas kind of way, and add a bit of enclosure to the patio. Yay! I haven't forgotten this IS supposed to be mostly a gardening blog, y'know...
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home